The HANDJET® EBS 250 is an innovative product made by EBS Ink-Jet Systeme GmbH. After continual intensive research and further development of the well known production line Ink-Jet printer PicAS EBS-200, we are now able to introduce the fully versatile, cable-free(!) HANDJET® EBS 250, thus marking the beginning of a new era in hand-coding.
The HANDJET® EBS 250 is a portable, manual, ultra-compact and light INK-JET printer equipped with a print-head with electromagnetic valves; it is battery operated and radio-controlled. This unique device – weighing only 980 grams – has been created to satisfy users for whom the freedom of product marking, coding and labelling in terms of place and time is the fundamental criterion. It is also the device for users who demand low purchase cost, cost-effective operation and not excessively sophisticated practical functions. However, the model HANDJET® EBS 250 offers all basic capabilities of INK-JET type printers.
The HANDJET® EBS 250 with its patented print technology replaces antiqated hand coders (such as stencil machines, stamps and roll coders, laborious and expensive in use and problematic with ink management).
- Print height: 27 mm with a 16-nozzle printer
- Height of objects to be labelled: from 70 mm – contact with both rolls, from 35 mm – contact with the lower roll only to print with, for example, only 7 nozzles.   A guide and rolls can be used optionally to support rectilinear printing; they are most useful for line printing, for labelling pipes, barrels and other cylindrical objects.
- Working position of the printe: any
- Nozzle diamete: 150µm as standard, 120µm, 170µm, 200µm optionally
- Number of vertical rows printed at the same time: 1
- Maximum number of characters per text: 1300 (along with control characters, if the printer’s built-in fonts are used).
- Number of texts and print parameters sets stored in the printer’s memory at the same time: from 1 to 10; texts are loaded into the printer via a PC. from 1 to 30 Optionally.
- Special characters: Diacritical national characters, graphics characters for information, warning, handling or other purposes.
- Variable fields: Date and time in any format, including expiry date/period of service, incremental or decremental counters, universal counter (of subassemblies, pallets, meters, etc.).
- Editing texts and print parameters, printer control: IBM-compatible PC communicating with the printer via a cordless/radio line (within the distance of 50 m).
- Recommended minimum PC requirements: IBM-compatible PC, equivalent to Pentium 200, 32 MB RAM, 20 MB of free space on HDD, EBS-250 printer control program version 1.5 or later installed, to be run under one of the following operating systems Windows®98SE/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista®/7, (!) If Windows NT® is running on your PC, the printer communicates with the PC exclusively via an RS-232 interface (not via USB).   the possibility of grouping up to 60 printers into a network which is radio-controlled with the use of a PC or radio terminal.
- Timing: Either synchronised with rotational speed of the lower guide roll or at time intervals by an internal generator regardless of the printer travel rate during printing.
- Power supply: Approximate operating time when the battery is fully charged. With built-in batteries, 50 hours of non-stop printing at the temperature of 20°C, automatic low battery indication, Automatically via an external DC 24V, 1 A power pack, Charging time – less than 150 minutes (< 2.5 h), Number of charging cycles: 500 (up to 70% of initial capacity) .
- Ink: Available in easily detachable containers with bayonet fixing. It is made on the basis of alcohol, acetone or water, in various colours (among others in white, yellow, blue, green, red or black) to be ordered from catalogue. 110 ml is enough to print about 100 000 characters with 7×5 pix matrix or about 17 000 characters for 16×10 pix matrix.
- Working temperature range: from +5°C to +40°C
- Storage temperature range (over a longer period): from +1°C to +45°C if water-based ink is used for printing, from -10°C to +45°C if acetone or ethanol-based ink is used for printing.
- Dimensions: 226 / 75 / 259 mm, 222 / 75 / 255 mm
- Weight: 980±10 g – the printer with a battery and full ink container, without a power pack and cable.
- Marks on pipes
- Marks on sacs
- Marks on drums, containers…
- Marks on concrete
- Marks on boxes and packaging